Areas of Expertise
At Pi-Lab we focus on making small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) more productive, sustainable and efficient. Our consultation services use a collaborative productivity improvement framework “4PoP” designed specifically for SMEs.
4PoP is a systematic approach developed by Pi-Lab for a firm to organize its business allowing for rapid and sustainable productivity gains. The framework includes Four Pillars of Productivity (4PoP): strategy, operations, technology, and innovation.
We strongly believe that these four pillars stand upon a base of a solid organizational culture. While most firms already have plans in place for strategy, operations, technology, innovation and organizational culture, they are not always aligned in a manner that is conducive to productivity gains and overall business competitiveness. Our consultation offers strategic alignment through expertise and lean methodology that would take your business to the next level.
Lean Six Sigma helps improve operational efficiency by systematically eliminate the eight kinds of waste (muda) such as Time, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Over production, Over processing, Defects, and Skills. Our Lean Six Sigma services address issues related to organizational culture, communication, continuous improvement, and internal capacity development.
By implementing these Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, your company will achieve:
- More profit
- Better quality
- Shorter cycle time for production
- Faster response time for services
- Increased productivity from fewer resources
- Lower costs to provide products and services
- Improved customer satisfaction
The “Four Actions Framework” introduced in this strategy is used to reconstruct buyer value elements in crafting a new value curve and to break the trade-off between differentiation and low cost. The framework poses four key questions about factors should be raised, eliminated, reduced or created. Since these strategic moves create a leap in value for the company, its buyers, and its employees, they result in unlocking new demand which makes the competition irrelevant.
Pi-Lab helps SMEs to overcome barriers that limit or prevent them from getting into e-commerce by applying innovative and sustainable business approaches.
Exporting and international business activities of SMEs play an important role in the Canadian economy, contributing to growth, productivity and employment. Pi-Lab’s consultation services help to adjust your operational structure for export and international expansion related activities. Measurable benefits of linking up your business to the global economy through exports are, but not limited to:
- Exporting helps your business to grow to a level not otherwise possible
- Conducting business abroad helps achieve fuller use of your existing capacity
- Trading overseas leads to fresh business ideas and innovation, upgrading your products and services
- Superior financial performance by exporters compared with non-exporters. Specifically, exporters generated higher sales, pre-tax profit margins and returns on assets, on average, compared with nonexporters.
- The preferences of current management
- Organizational capabilities, culture and behaviour of employee and stakeholders
- Resources that are available to the organization
- The environment within-which your organization operates:competitive landscape, customers, partners, government, etc.
All of these four factors need to “fit” with your strategy, if they don’t then the feasibility of your strategy is in jeopardy. Pi-Lab offers strategic alignment services to eliminate that risk.
Implementation of new strategies does not end in itself; our productivity improvement services make sure that adoption of new methodologies is in line with your Strategy, Operations, Technology, Innovation, and Culture.
We help our clients adopt innovation models and assist with continuous innovation strategy and commercialization process for long-term sustainable growth. We will take you through an innovation brainstorm to identify the innovation model, continuous innovation strategy, and commercialization process for business growth. We will innovate new revenue streams for your business to enable you to grow exponentially.
By implementing innovation management systems, your organization will:
- Promote rapid organization-wide learning (it creates a cascading effect where one person learning then drives others to contribute to the development of ideas)
- Have a competitive advantage
- Make downstream innovation less likely to be copied and easier to implement than upstream innovation
- Improve organizational culture